We are seeking candidates for a mobile medical device technician role, based in the New England area. We will train you.
Great candidate requirements:
- Must have knowledge/experience in an operating room environment
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability and desire to work a flexible schedule
- Good judgment to handle unexpected situations
- Ability to drive medium sized vans and move/set up surgical technology
Highlights of the job:
- Growth opportunities for high-performing employees
- Opportunity to enter a growing industry (Healthcare)
- Great pay (per diem basis)
- Health benefits, paid vacation, sick pay
Here are the details:
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Under the supervision of the treating physician, assists in the application of laser technology for various clinical procedures. Operates laser equipment and ensures laser safety practices are followed. Acts as a technical resource for physicians and other personnel in the use of laser treatment technology.
1. Demonstrates competence in assisting the Physician in all laser technology as applicable to the treatment of their patients.
2. Assists other hospital, physician or related staff as required during procedure.
3. Fulfills manufacturers’ requirements for the recommended operation of the Laser equipment.
4. Maintains confidential relationships between personnel, patients and other hospital personnel.
5. Cooperativeness and courteousness in dealing with all personnel.
6. Cleans and disinfects equipment prior to and after each laser procedure.
7. Tests equipment to ensure it is in proper working condition and promptly reports any problems to management.
8. Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment in possession, as needed.
1. Maintain and complete current HIPAA training and requirements.
2. Complete paid company training sessions.
3. Punctual for ALL arrival times (extremely important)
4. Annual TB screening required and any requirements mandated by hospital to be allowed entry into the operating room.
5. Experience communicating with medical staff, superiors and peers.
6. Moderate computer skills.
7. Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to handle sensitive, confidential situations and interact professionally and courteously with physicians and other personnel.
8. Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone and in person with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
1. Position requires considerable standing, lifting and moving of equipment
2. May be required to lift up to 40 lbs. and push (on wheels) up to 400 lbs.
3. Times of workdays will vary according to patient/hospital scheduling needs.
4. Frequent travel in the New England area; some overnight travel may be required as needed.